Thursday 1 November 2012

Life is a soap opera – full of bubbles!





Every once in a while, when a little bit of drama manages to creep into my life without me noticing – it feels like my entire life has been dumped into the middle of a soap opera. 

It’s like I just wake up one morning – and I’ve been cast as the new neighbour in Days of our Lives. Or better yet, I’ve been cast as the poor little stranger, innocently wandering through town – and then I get adopted by the Brady family and thrown right into the middle of the latest Salem drama.I just hope I don't turn out like Sammy Brady!


Like sands through the hourglass...

So I walk out of my front door and feel like I need to be constantly looking over my shoulder – just waiting for the moment that my evil twin is going to jump out of nowhere and announce her existence – along with the fact that she’s the one who’s been wreaking so much havoc in my life.

It’s not long before I start wishing I could rather have been cast as the character that wakes up in the hospital with an unexplained case of amnesia. That way I wouldn’t have to remember or deal with any kind of drama.

Okay fine, so I’m totally exaggerating. But you understand what I’m getting at, right?  Sometimes there’s just so much drama in your life that you begin to feel like it’s not really your life anymore. Here’s what I do when that happens.

I watch an episode of Days, and when I realise that my life is actually pretty boring and ordinary – I feel a lot better. My life doesn’t have any crazy plots involving blackmail, amnesia, comas, impostors or people coming back from the dead – again and again – or any crazy, desperate baby-swapping women. Yet.

So, I might have a few soapsuds here and there – all lives do – but I won’t let my life be turned into a meaningless soap opera where the drama continues for months on end and takes up all my energy. I decide to avoid drama – it makes for a much happier and more peaceful life. Try it out. 


This is what a REAL soap opera looks like...

The one thing I regret about not turning my life into a real daytime soap? The fact that none of those people ever age – ever!








 
ADVERTISEMENT


For any writing that you need done - check out Jo Watson Productions.
We provide full writing services - brochures, articles, SEO, website copy, TV and radio scripts - you name it!



No comments:

Post a Comment